How to install pgAdmin 1.20 on Mint Rebecca?

From
Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
Date:
Can someone point simple instructions on how to install pgAdmin 1.20 on
Linux Mint Rebecca (17.1 - based on Ubuntu trusty)?

Thanks,

Edson Richter

Re: How to install pgAdmin 1.20 on Mint Rebecca?

From
Adrian Klaver
Date:
On 12/26/2014 10:41 AM, Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:
> Can someone point simple instructions on how to install pgAdmin 1.20 on
> Linux Mint Rebecca (17.1 - based on Ubuntu trusty)?

Well a fairly extensive search showed no package for that combination of
OS version and pgAdmin version.

So the choices seem to be:

1) Stick with pgAdmin 1.18.

2) Wait for someone to release a newer pgAdmin package for Mint.

3) Install from source:

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=pgadmin3.git;a=blob;f=INSTALL;h=4a96ce64ff695a3942d41b5982540ce61fcb996d;hb=REL-1_20_0_PATCH

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Re: How to install pgAdmin 1.20 on Mint Rebecca?

From
Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter
Date:
Yes, building from sources worked flawlessly, even for me (I'm not kind
a "build C apps from sources" guy).

Regards,

Edson

Date:
On 12/26/2014 02:16 PM, Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:
> Yes, building from sources worked flawlessly, even for me (I'm not kind
> a "build C apps from sources" guy).

Great that it worked for you. I have had issues with the wxGTK portion
at various times, though it seems that may not be a problem in the future:

http://pgsnake.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-story-of-pgadmin.html

--
Adrian Klaver
adrian.klaver@aklaver.com

Date:
On 26-12-2014 22:13, Adrian Klaver wrote:
> On 12/26/2014 02:16 PM, Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter wrote:
>> Yes, building from sources worked flawlessly, even for me (I'm not kind
>> a "build C apps from sources" guy).
>
> Great that it worked for you. I have had issues with the wxGTK portion
> at various times, though it seems that may not be a problem in the
> future:
>
> http://pgsnake.blogspot.com/2014/12/the-story-of-pgadmin.html

Well, I've followed build instructions step-by-step, and found no error
at all.
May be I'm just lucky, but I do prefer to believe that the instructions
have been well written.

I love Mint for Java+PostgreSQL development.
I've never found a easier to maintain OS, even easier than Windows boxes
that are almost plug and play (and believe me: I have been MCSE for a
long while).