initdb of pg 9.0.13 fails on pg_authid

From
Robert
Date:
I'm having some trouble installing `9.0.13`.

Compiling worked just fine. (The only flags used were `--prefix=/opt/pg9013 --with-perl`).

However after running bin/initdb, it fails:

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "mobit".

The database cluster will be initialized with locale en_US.UTF-8.
The default database encoding has accordingly been set to UTF8.
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".

fixing permissions on existing directory /opt/pg9013/data ... ok
creating subdirectories ... ok
selecting default max_connections ... 100
selecting default shared_buffers ... 24MB
creating configuration files ... ok
creating template1 database in /opt/pg9013/data/base/1 ... ok
initializing pg_authid ... FATAL:  wrong number of index expressions
STATEMENT:  REVOKE ALL on pg_authid FROM public;

child process exited with exit code 1
initdb: removing contents of data directory "/opt/pg9013/data"

The md5sum of my tarball checks out. This was built w/ GCC-4.8.0 on an x86_64 Linux kernel.

Any ideas why this might fail? Thanks!

Re: initdb of pg 9.0.13 fails on pg_authid

Date:
Robert <drbawb@fatalsyntax.com> writes:
> I'm having some trouble installing `9.0.13`.
>> creating template1 database in /opt/pg9013/data/base/1 ... ok
>> initializing pg_authid ... FATAL:  wrong number of index expressions

Our buildfarm member anchovy has been showing similar failures for
awhile, but no others do, which makes me think this is a compiler bug.
You might try backing off the -O level as a workaround.

> The md5sum of my tarball checks out. This was built w/ GCC-4.8.0 on an
> x86_64 Linux kernel.

Nominally the same compiler version on anchovy ... however, Fedora 19's
version of 4.8.0 works for me, so apparently only some flavors of 4.8.0
have the issue.

            regards, tom lane

Re: initdb of pg 9.0.13 fails on pg_authid

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
> Robert <drbawb@fatalsyntax.com> writes:
>> I'm having some trouble installing `9.0.13`.
>>> creating template1 database in /opt/pg9013/data/base/1 ... ok
>>> initializing pg_authid ... FATAL:  wrong number of index expressions
>
> Our buildfarm member anchovy has been showing similar failures for
> awhile, but no others do, which makes me think this is a compiler bug.
> You might try backing off the -O level as a workaround.
>
>> The md5sum of my tarball checks out. This was built w/ GCC-4.8.0 on an
>> x86_64 Linux kernel.
>
> Nominally the same compiler version on anchovy ... however, Fedora 19's
> version of 4.8.0 works for me, so apparently only some flavors of 4.8.0
> have the issue.

Does it matter 32/64 bit?
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

Re: initdb of pg 9.0.13 fails on pg_authid

From
snark
Date:
Hello! I also have the same problem and same configuration (x86_64, gcc
4.8.0), but -O flag didn't help me.
I've used few variants, like:
./configure --prefix=/usr CFLAGS="-O"
./configure --prefix=/usr CFLAGS="-O0"
./configure --prefix=/usr CFLAGS="-O1"
./configure --prefix=/usr CFLAGS="-O2"
./configure --prefix=/usr CFLAGS="-O3"
but heither one had helped me to get rid of the error.

I have also tried compiling with gcc-4.7(from sources) (again, on x86_64),
but this haven't helped either.

Re: initdb of pg 9.0.13 fails on pg_authid

From
snark
Date:
Sorry, gcc-4.7 and "make clean" solved the problem.