Re: initdb of pg 9.0.13 fails on pg_authid - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: initdb of pg 9.0.13 fails on pg_authid
Date
Re: initdb of pg 9.0.13 fails on pg_authid
List pgsql-general
Robert <drbawb@fatalsyntax.com> writes:
> I'm having some trouble installing `9.0.13`.
>> creating template1 database in /opt/pg9013/data/base/1 ... ok
>> initializing pg_authid ... FATAL:  wrong number of index expressions

Our buildfarm member anchovy has been showing similar failures for
awhile, but no others do, which makes me think this is a compiler bug.
You might try backing off the -O level as a workaround.

> The md5sum of my tarball checks out. This was built w/ GCC-4.8.0 on an
> x86_64 Linux kernel.

Nominally the same compiler version on anchovy ... however, Fedora 19's
version of 4.8.0 works for me, so apparently only some flavors of 4.8.0
have the issue.

            regards, tom lane