installation problems on OSX Lion

From
Sean Moss-Pultz
Date:
Hi list

After installing PostgreSQL (8.4.8-1) from:

  http://www.enterprisedb.com/products-services-training/pgdownload#osx

on OSX Lion, when running psql I get the following error:

  dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/lib/libpq.5.dylib
  Referenced from: /usr/bin/psql
  Reason: no suitable image found.  Did find:
  /usr/lib/libpq.5.dylib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
  /usr/lib/libpq.5.dylib: no matching architecture in universal wrapper
  Trace/BPT trap: 5

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Sean

Re: installation problems on OSX Lion

From
Darren Duncan
Date:
If you're using the bleeding edge anyway with Lion, why not use Postgres 9.0.4
with it, which is also on that page?  Or at least see if it works where you got
this 8.4 error.  I have nothing to suggest otherwise. -- Darren Duncan

Date:
On Sun, Jul 24, 2011 at 2:29 PM, Darren Duncan <darren@darrenduncan.net> wrote:
> If you're using the bleeding edge anyway with Lion, why not use Postgres
> 9.0.4 with it, which is also on that page?  Or at least see if it works
> where you got this 8.4 error.  I have nothing to suggest otherwise. --

Thanks for the reply. I turned out to be a simple path issue. The
installer didn't put the correct path in. Now on to other problems
with psycopg :/

Sean

Re: installation problems on OSX Lion

From
adamaltman
Date:
sean,  could you share your solution in a little more detail.   im having the
exact problem now...

Re: installation problems on OSX Lion

From
stephaneg
Date:
Hello,

I had the same issue and could solve it the following way.

open a terminal,

cd /usr/lib
sudo mv libpq.5.dylib libpq.5.dylib-ORG
sudo ln -s libpq.5.3.dylib libpq.5.dylib

Cheers,
Stéphane

Re: installation problems on OSX Lion

From