Oracle to Postgres migration open source tool

From
akp geek
Date:
Hi all -

               Are there any open source tools available for migrating from oracle to postgres. We have 20 tables in oracles that we needed to get to postgres. Appreciate your help

Regards

Re: Oracle to Postgres migration open source tool

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
On 7/07/2011 9:55 PM, akp geek wrote:
> Hi all -
>
>                 Are there any open source tools available for migrating
> from oracle to postgres. We have 20 tables in oracles that we needed to
> get to postgres. Appreciate your help

One avenue you may wish to investigate is ETL tools like Talend. See Google.

EnterpriseDB offer an enhanced version of PostgreSQL with add-on Oracle
compatibility features to ease porting. This might be worth looking into.

Numerous companies offer consulting services for PostgreSQL, some of
which will cover Oracle migrations/conversions. See:
   http://www.postgresql.org/support/professional_support

As for specific oracle to PostgreSQL migration tools: Tried Google yet?

--
Craig Ringer

POST Newspapers
276 Onslow Rd, Shenton Park
Ph: 08 9381 3088     Fax: 08 9388 2258
ABN: 50 008 917 717
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/

Re: Oracle to Postgres migration open source tool

From
casp