Debug Contrib/cube code

From
Nick Raj
Date:
Hi,
I am using postgresql-8.4.6. I want to debug the contrib/cube code. Can we able to debug that cube code?  Because there is no .configure  file to enable debug. Is there is any way to change make file to enable debug?

Thanks
Nick

Re: Debug Contrib/cube code

From
Joshua Tolley
Date:
On Fri, May 06, 2011 at 10:43:23AM +0530, Nick Raj wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using postgresql-8.4.6. I want to debug the contrib/cube code. Can we
> able to debug that cube code?  Because there is no .configure  file to
> enable debug. Is there is any way to change make file to enable debug?

If your postgres build uses --enable-debug, cube should use it as well. It
determines this either through pg_config, or by referring to makefiles in the
postgres source directory contrib/cube lives in.

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation

Attachment

Re: Debug Contrib/cube code

From
Nick Raj
Date:
Hi,
I am able to debug postgres by --enable-debug but breakpoint in cube is not working. Can you more elaborate on your second point?
Even i also tried to change makefile of contrib/cube by -g(debug) but it gives error.
Any idea is welcome.

ps: sorry for late reply

Thanks

Date:
On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 09:39:58PM +0530, Nick Raj wrote:
> Hi,
> I am able to debug postgres by --enable-debug but breakpoint in cube is not
> working. Can you more elaborate on your second point?
> Even i also tried to change makefile of contrib/cube by -g(debug) but it
> gives error.
> Any idea is welcome.
>
> ps: sorry for late reply

I don't have any good answers beyond what was already presented here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2011-05/msg00784.php

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation