pgAdmin3 Issue

From
Rich Shepard
Date:
   I'd like to use pgadmin3 for DDL tasks with an imported database. Using
version 1.10.2 on Slackware-13.1 with postgres-9.0.1. The application
starts. I learned to define the server as 'localhost' rather than the
hostname, so I can see entries in the left side, tree window. However,
pgadmin3 fails to see any of the installed databases (and yes, the server is
running).

   Perhaps related to this, is when I click on the database branch (showing 0
databases), I get a series of warning boxes, including one that says version
1.10.2 is for postgres-8.4 and below and, since I'm running 9.0.1 I should
upgrade pgadmin3! Makes no sense.

   What do I need to do to display the databases in pgadmin3?

Rich

Re: pgAdmin3 Issue

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 25/02/2011 19:49, Rich Shepard wrote:
> I'd like to use pgadmin3 for DDL tasks with an imported database. Using
> version 1.10.2 on Slackware-13.1 with postgres-9.0.1. The application
> starts. I learned to define the server as 'localhost' rather than the
> hostname, so I can see entries in the left side, tree window. However,
> pgadmin3 fails to see any of the installed databases (and yes, the
> server is
> running).
>
> Perhaps related to this, is when I click on the database branch (showing 0
> databases), I get a series of warning boxes, including one that says
> version
> 1.10.2 is for postgres-8.4 and below and, since I'm running 9.0.1 I should
> upgrade pgadmin3! Makes no sense.
>
> What do I need to do to display the databases in pgadmin3?

Upgrade to 1.12?

Ray.

--
Raymond O'Donnell :: Galway :: Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: pgAdmin3 Issue

From
Rich Shepard
Date:
On Fri, 25 Feb 2011, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:

> Upgrade to 1.12?

Ray,

   That appears to have done the trick. I somehow thought I was working on
the latest version; it's been that sort of a week.

Thanks,

Rich

Re: pgAdmin3 Issue

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 25/02/2011 20:37, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Feb 2011, Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
>
>> Upgrade to 1.12?
>
> Ray,
>
> That appears to have done the trick. I somehow thought I was working on
> the latest version; it's been that sort of a week.

No problem - glad you're sorted.

Ray.