PostgresPlus Windows Installation Error

From
Adarsh Sharma
Date:
Dear all,

I am working on Linux based Systems and install several times postgresplus-8.4.1.2 binary and faced no issues.
But Today I need to install it on Windows XP based system and fail to install it correctly.
I faced to issues :

One is :

could not connect to server : Connection refused
(0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host
"127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/Ip connections on port 5432?

Second is while installing PostGis1.4 fail to install correctly . But I need it also.

 But First isssue need to solve to go for second.

I researched a lot and found some recommendations:

I chang C:/Windows/System32/Drvers/etc/host file to have below line

127.0.0.1   localhost
::1               localhost.

Please guide how to resolve it.

Thanks & Best regards,

Adarsh Sharma

Re: PostgresPlus Windows Installation Error

From
John R Pierce
Date:
On 02/17/11 8:55 PM, Adarsh Sharma wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am working on Linux based Systems and install several times
> *postgresplus-8.4.1.2* binary

postgresqlplus is a commercial product of EnterpriseDB, you should
contact them for support

Re: PostgresPlus Windows Installation Error

From
Alban Hertroys
Date:
On 18 Feb 2011, at 5:55, Adarsh Sharma wrote:

> One is :
>
> could not connect to server : Connection refused
> (0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host
> "127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/Ip connections on port 5432?

> I chang C:/Windows/System32/Drvers/etc/host file to have below line
>
> 127.0.0.1   localhost
> ::1               localhost.

That should be the defaults. If anything, you probably just introduced another possible point of failure by doing this.

You need to allow connections from localhost. Change your pg_hba.conf

Alban Hertroys

--
Screwing up is an excellent way to attach something to the ceiling.

!DSPAM:737,4d5e1fc411731003618037!