PostgresPlus Windows Installation Error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Adarsh Sharma
Subject PostgresPlus Windows Installation Error
Date
Re: PostgresPlus Windows Installation Error  (Alban Hertroys <dalroi@solfertje.student.utwente.nl>)
List pgsql-general
Dear all,

I am working on Linux based Systems and install several times postgresplus-8.4.1.2 binary and faced no issues.
But Today I need to install it on Windows XP based system and fail to install it correctly.
I faced to issues :

One is :

could not connect to server : Connection refused
(0x0000274D/10061) Is the server running on host
"127.0.0.1" and accepting TCP/Ip connections on port 5432?

Second is while installing PostGis1.4 fail to install correctly . But I need it also.

 But First isssue need to solve to go for second.

I researched a lot and found some recommendations:

I chang C:/Windows/System32/Drvers/etc/host file to have below line

127.0.0.1   localhost
::1               localhost.

Please guide how to resolve it.

Thanks & Best regards,