Help with Stack Builder

From
ray
Date:
I just downloaded 9.0 onto my laptop and desktop Windows XP
machines. .Nether one could run the stack builder.  Windows would
fault any time I tried to run it.  I tried inputing the proxy server
but that did not
help.  This was at work where there is a proxy server.  I tried this
at homw wiith the laptop but got the same error:
Could not open the specified URL.

ray

Re: Help with Stack Builder

From
Sachin Srivastava
Date:
Can you open the specified URL in the browser?

Date:
On Nov 12, 10:03 am, sachin.srivast...@enterprisedb.com (Sachin
Srivastava) wrote:
> Can you open the specified URL in the browser?
>
> On Nov 12, 2010, at 4:24 PM, ray wrote:
>
> > I just downloaded 9.0 onto my laptop and desktop Windows XP
> > machines. .Nether one could run the stack builder.  Windows would
> > fault any time I tried to run it.  I tried inputing the proxy server
> > but that did not
> > help.  This was at work where there is a proxy server.  I tried this
> > at homw wiith the laptop but got the same error:
> > Could not open the specified URL.
>
> > ray
>
> > --

> Regards,
> Sachin Srivastava
> EnterpriseDB, the Enterprise PostgreSQL company.

Yes,
I get a large xml file.

ray

Re: Help with Stack Builder

From
alextc
Date:
Hi Ray,

Have you got any luck to get around this issue?

I am having the same issue. I just installed PostgreSQL 9.1 with Stack
Builder 3.0.0.

Every time I was trying to install additional software I received the error
message popped out saying ...http://www.postgresql.org/application-v2.xml
cannot be opened.

http://postgresql.1045698.n5.nabble.com/file/n4986851/postgreSQL.jpg

I am with a home computer running Vista and not within an LAN. I am able to
display the XML file in the browser.

Could anybody please help out?

Thanks,

Cheers, Alex

Re: Help with Stack Builder

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
On 12/11/11 20:51, alextc wrote:
> Hi Ray,
>
> Have you got any luck to get around this issue?
>
> I am having the same issue. I just installed PostgreSQL 9.1 with Stack
> Builder 3.0.0.
>
> Every time I was trying to install additional software I received the error
> message popped out saying ...http://www.postgresql.org/application-v2.xml
> cannot be opened.

Your computer is behind a proxy server or firewall that is limiting
access to the file. If it works in your browser, you'll need to check
what the proxy server settings are there and ensure the
installer/stackbuilder uses the same ones.

The installer's error message really needs to be improved to suggest
proxy server settings.

--
Craig Ringer