Re: Help with Stack Builder - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Craig Ringer
Subject Re: Help with Stack Builder
Date
List pgsql-general
On 12/11/11 20:51, alextc wrote:
> Hi Ray,
>
> Have you got any luck to get around this issue?
>
> I am having the same issue. I just installed PostgreSQL 9.1 with Stack
> Builder 3.0.0.
>
> Every time I was trying to install additional software I received the error
> message popped out saying ...http://www.postgresql.org/application-v2.xml
> cannot be opened.

Your computer is behind a proxy server or firewall that is limiting
access to the file. If it works in your browser, you'll need to check
what the proxy server settings are there and ensure the
installer/stackbuilder uses the same ones.

The installer's error message really needs to be improved to suggest
proxy server settings.

--
Craig Ringer