postgreSQL for Windows 7

From
quickinfo quickinfo
Date:
Dear Friends,

I have installed windows 7 on my system. Previous I used postgreSQL 8.0 on XP. I tried install postgres 8.3 on windows 7. but it is not installing properly. After installtion am not able to find out pg_hba.conf files. pgadmin III is opening fine and am able to create new database also. What would be the problems.

Please let me know what are the system requirements that are needed.

Eagerly waiting for your reply.

Thanking you in advance

Best regards

srinath

Re: postgreSQL for Windows 7

From
Craig Ringer
Date:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Troubleshooting_Installation

--
Craig Ringer

Re: postgreSQL for Windows 7

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 12:28 PM, quickinfo quickinfo
<quickinfo123@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> I have installed windows 7 on my system. Previous I used postgreSQL 8.0 on
> XP. I tried install postgres 8.3 on windows 7. but it is not installing
> properly. After installtion am not able to find out pg_hba.conf files.
> pgadmin III is opening fine and am able to create new database also. What
> would be the problems.

I'm unclear on what the problem is, other than you cannot find
pg_hba.conf (which will be wherever you chose as a data directory).
The fact that pgAdmin runs and you can create databases implies that
the server is at least installed and running.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise Postgres Company