Re: postgreSQL for Windows 7 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dave Page
Subject Re: postgreSQL for Windows 7
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Oct 7, 2010 at 12:28 PM, quickinfo quickinfo
<quickinfo123@gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> I have installed windows 7 on my system. Previous I used postgreSQL 8.0 on
> XP. I tried install postgres 8.3 on windows 7. but it is not installing
> properly. After installtion am not able to find out pg_hba.conf files.
> pgadmin III is opening fine and am able to create new database also. What
> would be the problems.

I'm unclear on what the problem is, other than you cannot find
pg_hba.conf (which will be wherever you chose as a data directory).
The fact that pgAdmin runs and you can create databases implies that
the server is at least installed and running.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise Postgres Company