"\d pg_class" fails in PG 8.4

From
Tadipathri Raghu
Date:
Hi All,

Following is the error when i try to describe the catalog table.

Version Info
========
postgres=# select version();
                                                      version
 PostgreSQL 8.4.3 on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, compiled by GCC gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20070626 (Red Hat 4.1.2-14), 64-bit
(1 row)
Error
===
postgres=# \d pg_class
ERROR:  column "reltriggers" does not exist at character 41
STATEMENT:  SELECT relhasindex, relkind, relchecks, reltriggers, relhasrules,
        relhasoids , reltablespace
        FROM pg_catalog.pg_class WHERE oid = '1259'
ERROR:  column "reltriggers" does not exist at character 41
LINE 1: SELECT relhasindex, relkind, relchecks, reltriggers, relhasr...
Could you please guide me in this, and what is the cause for it..

Regards
Raghavendra

Re: "\d pg_class" fails in PG 8.4

Date:
Tadipathri Raghu <traghu.dba@gmail.com> writes:
> Following is the error when i try to describe the catalog table.

> postgres=# \d pg_class
> ERROR:  column "reltriggers" does not exist at character 41
> STATEMENT:  SELECT relhasindex, relkind, relchecks, reltriggers,
> relhasrules,
>         relhasoids , reltablespace
>         FROM pg_catalog.pg_class WHERE oid = '1259'
> ERROR:  column "reltriggers" does not exist at character 41
> LINE 1: SELECT relhasindex, relkind, relchecks, reltriggers, relhasr...
> Could you please guide me in this, and what is the cause for it..

Apparently you're using an old version of psql ... but I'm curious to
know just which, because I can't duplicate that exact error display with
any release branch.  Anyway, pg_class.reltriggers is gone in 8.4, but
pre-8.4 psql versions don't know that.

            regards, tom lane

Re: "\d pg_class" fails in PG 8.4

From
Tadipathri Raghu
Date:
Hi Tom,

As you are best always on this Community Fourm. Thanks for your help. It got resolved.

Regards
Raghavendra