Re: "\d pg_class" fails in PG 8.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: "\d pg_class" fails in PG 8.4
Date
List pgsql-general
Tadipathri Raghu <traghu.dba@gmail.com> writes:
> Following is the error when i try to describe the catalog table.

> postgres=# \d pg_class
> ERROR:  column "reltriggers" does not exist at character 41
> STATEMENT:  SELECT relhasindex, relkind, relchecks, reltriggers,
> relhasrules,
>         relhasoids , reltablespace
>         FROM pg_catalog.pg_class WHERE oid = '1259'
> ERROR:  column "reltriggers" does not exist at character 41
> LINE 1: SELECT relhasindex, relkind, relchecks, reltriggers, relhasr...
> Could you please guide me in this, and what is the cause for it..

Apparently you're using an old version of psql ... but I'm curious to
know just which, because I can't duplicate that exact error display with
any release branch.  Anyway, pg_class.reltriggers is gone in 8.4, but
pre-8.4 psql versions don't know that.

            regards, tom lane