Installing Postgresql on Windows XP embedded

From
Jeffrey Ottery
Date:
Anyone have some idea how to do this? I am able to install my Win32
application but the postgeSQL install will not work. Any help or at
least a starting point would be appreciated.

Re: Installing Postgresql on Windows XP embedded

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 1:04 AM, Jeffrey Ottery
<jeffrey.ottery@gmail.com> wrote:
> Anyone have some idea how to do this? I am able to install my Win32
> application but the postgeSQL install will not work. Any help or at
> least a starting point would be appreciated.

Windows XP Embedded is not a tested or supported platform for
PostgreSQL. I have no idea if it will work or not.

--
Dave Page
PG East Conference: http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do

Date:
On Mar 15, 7:23 pm, dp...@pgadmin.org (Dave Page) wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 1:04 AM, Jeffrey Ottery
>
> <jeffrey.ott...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Anyone have some idea how to do this? I am able to install my Win32
> > application but the postgeSQL install will not work. Any help or at
> > least a starting point would be appreciated.
>
> Windows XP Embedded is not a tested or supported platform for
> PostgreSQL. I have no idea if it will work or not.
>
> --
> Dave Page
> EnterpriseDB UK:http://www.enterprisedb.com
> PG East Conference:http://www.enterprisedb.com/community/nav-pg-east-2010.do

As it turns out I have succeeded, So pg seems to work OK on Windows
Embedded.

Re: Installing Postgresql on Windows XP embedded

From
John R Pierce
Date:
>> Windows XP Embedded is not a tested or supported platform for
>> PostgreSQL. I have no idea if it will work or not.

> As it turns out I have succeeded, So pg seems to work OK on Windows
> Embedded

indeed, XP Embedded (or whatever its called now, Windows Embedded 2007
or something), should work just fine.  its exactly the same kernel and
libraries and everything as regular Windows XP, just packaged
differently, setup so the OEM can build a totally customized platform
with it.   A good choice for things like Kiosks, turnkey embedded
systems, etc.

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> I could swear I've seen cases where xp embedded failed because it was
> missing a bunch of security api's. Is it like ce where such things can
> be removed by an oem manufacturer?

yeah, eggzackly.    every component imaginable is custom configurable.

there's some things it can't support, like active directory domain
membership, but things like user management, dcom, desktop, every single
util, every single service, are customizable.

Re: Installing Postgresql on Windows XP embedded

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:

 Me: http://www.hagander.net/