Re: Installing Postgresql on Windows XP embedded - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: Installing Postgresql on Windows XP embedded
Date
List pgsql-general
On Monday, March 15, 2010, John R Pierce <pierce@hogranch.com> wrote:

> Windows XP Embedded is not a tested or supported platform for
> PostgreSQL. I have no idea if it will work or not.

> As it turns out I have succeeded, So pg seems to work OK on Windows
> Embedded
>

> indeed, XP Embedded (or whatever its called now, Windows Embedded 2007 or something), should work just fine.  its
exactlythe same kernel and libraries and everything as regular Windows XP, just packaged differently, setup so the OEM
canbuild a totally customized platform with it.   A good choice for things like Kiosks, turnkey embedded systems, etc.

I could swear I've seen cases where xp embedded failed because it was
missing a bunch of security api's. Is it like ce where such things can
be removed by an oem manufacturer?

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/