logtrigger/denyaccess triggers removed from master/slave

From
"tamanna madaan"

Hi All

I am using postgres-8.1.2 and slony-1.1.5 for replication.
I have 1 master and 1 slave in my cluster.
Sometimes I see problem of missing logtriggers and denyaccess triggers
on master table and slave tables respectively. Replication don't take place in that
state though systems are properly shown as master and slave.
This problem is resolved by dropping the schema used by slony on both the systems an
then recreating the schema.

I want to know what could be the root cause of logtriggers/denyaccess
triggers getting removed from the tables.

Thanks in advance

Regards
Tamanna

Re: logtrigger/denyaccess triggers removed from master/slave

From
Greg Stark
Date:
On Fri, Dec 18, 2009 at 6:59 PM, tamanna madaan
<tamanna.madan@globallogic.com> wrote:
> I am using postgres-8.1.2 and slony-1.1.5 for replication.

I don't know about your Slony problems but the current bug-fix release
for 8.1 is 8.1.19. That's 17 releases to fix security holes, crashes,
data corruption bugs, etc that you're missing. Skimming through them I
don't see any that are obviously related to your problem but it's a
lot and I didn't read through them carefully.

--
greg

Re: logtrigger/denyaccess triggers removed from master/slave

From
Tamanna
Date:
any other clue about this problem ?? Have anybody seen the same problem ??