Emal reg expression

From
Xai
Date:
i want to create a type for an email field but i'm not good with regx
can some one help me?

Re: Emal reg expression

From
Richard Huxton
Xai wrote:
> i want to create a type for an email field but i'm not good with regx
> can some one help me?

Google for "email regex". Be warned - this is very complicated if you
want to match *all* possible email addresses.

--
  Richard Huxton
  Archonet Ltd

Re: Emal reg expression

From
Roman Neuhauser
Date:
On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 05:45:14AM -0700, Xai wrote:
> i want to create a type for an email field but i'm not good with regx
> can some one help me?

    http://marc.info/?l=postgresql-general&m=112612299412819&w=2

Re: Emal reg expression

From
William Temperley
Date:
2009/10/28 Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>:
> Xai wrote:
>> i want to create a type for an email field but i'm not good with regx
>> can some one help me?
>
> Google for "email regex". Be warned - this is very complicated if you
> want to match *all* possible email addresses.

Just send your users an email asking them to reply. If they do, it's
obviously a valid address.

Best regards,

Will Temperley

Re: Emal reg expression

From
Stephane Bortzmeyer
Date:
On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 05:45:14AM -0700,
 Xai <rellonlawrence@gmail.com> wrote
 a message of 2 lines which said:

> i want to create a type for an email field but i'm not good with regx

Do not even try.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/201323/

Re: Emal reg expression

From
Lew
Date:
William Temperley wrote:
> 2009/10/28 Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>:
>> Xai wrote:
>>> i want to create a type for an email field but i'm not good with regx
>>> can some one help me?
>> Google for "email regex". Be warned - this is very complicated if you
>> want to match *all* possible email addresses.
>>

> Just send your users an email asking them to reply. If they do, it's
> obviously a valid address.

Depends on the content of the reply and your definition of "valid".  I
occasionally get emails from people intending to reach someone else.  The
address is "valid" to reach someone, but not "valid" to reach the intended
party.  Often I'll send a courtesy reply informing the sender that they have
not reached the correct party and advising them to fix their address lists.

--
Lew

Re: Emal reg expression

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On ons, 2009-10-28 at 05:45 -0700, Xai wrote:
> i want to create a type for an email field but i'm not good with regx
> can some one help me?

I suggest that you make use of an already written module in some
language such as Perl.  See
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Email_address_parsing for an example.