Re: Emal reg expression - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Lew
Subject Re: Emal reg expression
Date
List pgsql-general
William Temperley wrote:
> 2009/10/28 Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com>:
>> Xai wrote:
>>> i want to create a type for an email field but i'm not good with regx
>>> can some one help me?
>> Google for "email regex". Be warned - this is very complicated if you
>> want to match *all* possible email addresses.
>>

> Just send your users an email asking them to reply. If they do, it's
> obviously a valid address.

Depends on the content of the reply and your definition of "valid".  I
occasionally get emails from people intending to reach someone else.  The
address is "valid" to reach someone, but not "valid" to reach the intended
party.  Often I'll send a courtesy reply informing the sender that they have
not reached the correct party and advising them to fix their address lists.

--
Lew