How to deactivate FK's to reorder fields in table?

From
Andre Lopes
Date:
Hi,

I need to reorder fields in one table. But the database don't let me do this action because the FK's pointing to the table. How can I deactivate the FK's?

Best Regards, André.

Re: How to deactivate FK's to reorder fields in table?

From
Andreas Kretschmer
Date:
Andre Lopes <lopes80andre@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to reorder fields in one table.

Not possible. Use a select-list instead of 'select *' to achieve this.

> But the database don't let me do this
> action because the FK's pointing to the table. How can I deactivate the FK's?

You can't reorder the fields, use a 'SELECT field 1, field2, ..., fieldN
FROM <table> instead. It has hothing to do with the FK's field.

Andreas

Re: How to deactivate FK's to reorder fields in table?

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 13/10/2009 20:17, Andre Lopes wrote:

> I need to reorder fields in one table. But the database don't let me do this
> action because the FK's pointing to the table. How can I deactivate the
> FK's?

You can't reorder columns in PostgreSQL, so I'm guessing that you're
trying to drop and re-creating the table, and begin prevented from doing
so by FK dependencies from other tables - would that be correct?

If so, you can just drop the FKs and recreate them afterwards.

Ray.

rod@iol.ie