Dumping without Postgis functions

From
Tyler Durden
Date:
Hi,
I'm trying to migrate a database from an old posgresql 8.1 server to a
new one 8.3. I have the Postgis installed on that old database, that
is not used.
When I try to restore the database, several errors happens because of
the various links to libs of Postgis on the disk .

How do I dump the database without Postgis stuff?

I'm using:
pg_dump -h localhost -U dbuser dbname | gzip > mydumpfile.sql

Thanks,
Tyler

Re: Dumping without Postgis functions

Date:
Tyler Durden <tylersticky@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm trying to migrate a database from an old posgresql 8.1 server to a
> new one 8.3. I have the Postgis installed on that old database, that
> is not used.
> When I try to restore the database, several errors happens because of
> the various links to libs of Postgis on the disk .

> How do I dump the database without Postgis stuff?

Why don't you just ignore the errors during reload?  That seems a lot
less error-prone than trying to excise the stuff from the old DB.

            regards, tom lane