ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/xxid": No such file or directory

From
Jorge Daine Quiambao
Date:
Hi,

I keep getting...  "ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/xxid": No such file or directory" whenever I create a new cluster. I've checked the pg directory and the xxid files are in shared folder.

I've installed PG 8.4 and Slony-I
2.0.2-1 properly using one-click-installer and stack builder. I've checked Options.. in PgAdmin and the Slony-I path is in /share directory under Pg installation. I have previous installation of Pg 8.3 but I uninstalled it properly using the bundled uninstaller.

After doing all this. I'm still getting the error, any help will be highly appreciated!

Thanks!

Re: ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/xxid": No such file or directory

From
Scott Marlowe
Date:
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Jorge Daine
Quiambao<cyb3rjorg3@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I keep getting...  "ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/xxid": No such
> file or directory" whenever I create a new cluster. I've checked the pg
> directory and the xxid files are in shared folder.
>
> I've installed PG 8.4 and Slony-I 2.0.2-1 properly using one-click-installer
> and stack builder. I've checked Options.. in PgAdmin and the Slony-I path is
> in /share directory under Pg installation. I have previous installation of
> Pg 8.3 but I uninstalled it properly using the bundled uninstaller.
>
> After doing all this. I'm still getting the error, any help will be highly
> appreciated!

If you're o windows,uninstall (don't just disable) it and see if the
problem goes away

Re: ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/xxid": No such file or directory

From
Jorge Daine Quiambao

Yes, that's how I did it uninstall everything first then install. I use Windows Vista

> Hi,
>
> I keep getting...  "ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/xxid": No such
> file or directory" whenever I create a new cluster. I've checked the pg
> directory and the xxid files are in shared folder.
>
> I've installed PG 8.4 and Slony-I 2.0.2-1 properly using one-click-installer
> and stack builder. I've checked Options.. in PgAdmin and the Slony-I path is
> in /share directory under Pg installation. I have previous installation of
> Pg 8.3 but I uninstalled it properly using the bundled uninstaller.
>
> After doing all this. I'm still getting the error, any help will be highly
> appreciated!

If you're o windows,uninstall (don't just disable) it and see if the
problem goes away

Re: ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/xxid": No such file or directory

From
Scott Marlowe
Date:
Whoops, I meant if you're on windows, uninstall any antivirus then see
if the problem goes away

Too early in the morning apparently.

On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 6:03 AM, Jorge Daine

--
When fascism comes to America, it will be intolerance sold as diversity.

Jorge Daine Quiambao <cyb3rjorg3@yahoo.com> writes:
> I keep getting...� "ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/xxid": No such file or
> directory" whenever I create a new cluster. I've checked the pg directory and
> the xxid files are in shared folder.

The "no such file" complaint might refer to some library needed by the
xxid DLL, rather than that DLL itself.  On Linux I'd suggest using ldd
to check xxid's dependencies, but I dunno what incantation to use on
Windows.

            regards, tom lane

Re: ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/xxid": No such file or directory

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
On 20/08/2009 10:20 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Jorge Daine Quiambao<cyb3rjorg3@yahoo.com>  writes:
>> I keep getting...  "ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/xxid": No such file or
>> directory" whenever I create a new cluster. I've checked the pg directory and
>> the xxid files are in shared folder.
>
> The "no such file" complaint might refer to some library needed by the
> xxid DLL, rather than that DLL itself.  On Linux I'd suggest using ldd
> to check xxid's dependencies, but I dunno what incantation to use on
> Windows.

Dependency Walker (depends.exe) from www.dependencywalker.com (free).

Yet another tool the OS and the Windows standard dev tools fail to include.

--
Craig Ringer

Re: ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/xxid": No such file or directory

From
Jorge Daine Quiambao
Date:
Craig Ringer,

I tried scanning "slony1_funcs.dll" for dependencies but for some reasons it cannot find POSTGRES.EXE, the files is encrypted if I try to open it so I can't set the directory. I even tried copying POSTGRES.EXE in the lib folder where slony1_funcs.dll resides but of course still gets the same error.

Can this really a factor for the Slony to throw that error?

>> I keep getting...  "ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/xxid": No such file or
>> directory" whenever I create a new cluster. I've checked the pg directory and
>> the xxid files are in shared folder.
>
> The "no such file" complaint might refer to some library needed by the
> xxid DLL, rather than that DLL itself.  On Linux I'd suggest using ldd
> to check xxid's dependencies, but I dunno what incantation to use on
> Windows.

Dependency Walker (depends.exe) from www.dependencywalker.com (free).

Yet another tool the OS and the Windows standard dev tools fail to include.

--
Craig Ringer

Re: ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/xxid": No such file or directory

From
Jorge Daine Quiambao
Date:
Hi Scott,

I tried doing your suggestion, uninstalling antivirus but it won't work either. I also tried doing the same in an XP machine but the error is the same.

Thanks!

Jorge

Date: