From
sweta@opspl.com
Date:
Hello ,

     I know this is not the right place to post following query... but any
help offered will help me a lot :)

     Can anyone tell me how to stop slony.... (its a postgres replication
system )

     I tried slon_kill but it says

bash-3.2$ /usr/bin/slon_kill
slon_kill.pl...   Killing all slon and slon_watchdog instances for the
cluster replication
1.  Kill slon watchdogs
No watchdogs found

2. Kill slon processes
No slon processes found

I have started the replication daemons on master & slave by using
following command

On master run
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/slon $CLUSTERNAME "dbname=$MASTERDBNAME
user=$MASTERDBA host=$MASTERHOST port=$MASTERPORT" > slon.log &

On slave run
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/slon $CLUSTERNAME "dbname=$SLAVEDBNAME user=$SLAVEDBA
host=$SLAVEHOST port=$SLAVEPORT" > slon.log &

Now I dont know how to stop it ... :(

Regards ,
Sweta.

Re:

From
sweta@opspl.com
Date:
Hello ,

>             You can use "kill <pid> " command to kill the slon daemons,
> find
> the pid's of the cluster and kill.

     But that is not totally right :P . If there is no other way we will
use it.. But I want to stop slony properly using slony command. :)

 Regards ,
 Sweta.

Re:

From
Glyn Astill

> From: sweta@opspl.com <sweta@opspl.com>
> Subject: Re: [GENERAL]
> To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
> Date: Tuesday, 4 August, 2009, 11:03 AM
>
> Hello ,
>

>    You can use "kill <pid> " command to
> kill the slon daemons,
> > find
> > the pid's of the cluster and kill.
> >

>      But that is not totally right :P .
> If there is no other way we will
> use it.. But I want to stop slony properly using slony
> command. :)

Maybe you should send this to the slony list.

Anyway, that's just sending a sigterm and AFAIK the the correct way to stop a slon...

Re:

From
Chris Browne
Date:
sweta@opspl.com writes:
>>             You can use "kill <pid> " command to kill the slon daemons,
>> find
>> the pid's of the cluster and kill.
>>

>      But that is not totally right :P . If there is no other way we will
> use it.. But I want to stop slony properly using slony command. :)

There is no such "slony command."

Here are all the commands; there isn't one there to do what you want.
http://slony.info/documentation/cmds.html

Use kill on the appropriate pids.
--
(format nil "~S@~S" "cbbrowne" "acm.org")