status of pl/php

From
Scott Marlowe
Date:
It looks like pl/php is still on a "beta" release.  Is the previous
non-beta release preferred, or the beta1 tested against 8.3beta1?

Re: status of pl/php

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 13:33 -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> It looks like pl/php is still on a "beta" release.  Is the previous
> non-beta release preferred, or the beta1 tested against 8.3beta1?

Better question for the pl/php list. Copying Alexey because he would
know better.

Joshua D. Drake

--
PostgreSQL - XMPP: jdrake@jabber.postgresql.org
   503-667-4564 - http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: status of pl/php

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Joshua D. Drake escribió:
> On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 13:33 -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
> > It looks like pl/php is still on a "beta" release.  Is the previous
> > non-beta release preferred, or the beta1 tested against 8.3beta1?
>
> Better question for the pl/php list. Copying Alexey because he would
> know better.

It is still considered "beta", but I think it's reasonably stable.  Some
things need to be reworked, such as handling of arrays.  Otherwise it
should work.

Most of the problems with it seem to come from having to compile PHP
than PL/php specific.

Re: status of pl/php

From
Alexey Klyukin
Date:
Hi,

On Apr 27, 2009, at 10:44 PM, Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> On Mon, 2009-04-27 at 13:33 -0600, Scott Marlowe wrote:
>> It looks like pl/php is still on a "beta" release.  Is the previous
>> non-beta release preferred, or the beta1 tested against 8.3beta1?
>
> Better question for the pl/php list. Copying Alexey because he would
> know better.

PL/php project is stalled at the moment because PHP project
consistently fails to provide a proper SAPI library except for the one
that comes with Apache. Unless you absolutely have to use PHP look at
PL/perl or PL/python. Answering your question - 1.3.5-beta1 is the
most recent release, anything older is probably unusable or doesn't
work with 8.3

--
Alexey Klyukin       http://www.CommandPrompt.com