Good morning,

My daily data population cronjob(around 1 hour) terminated at the middle
and raised the following error this morning:

Connection rejected: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user
"schema_owner_name".

Could anyone tell me what might cause the problem please?

Thanks a lot!
--
Lu Ying

Re: What may cause - Connection rejected: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user?

From
Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz
Date:
On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Emi Lu <emilu@encs.concordia.ca> wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> My daily data population cronjob(around 1 hour) terminated at the middle and
> raised the following error this morning:
>
> Connection rejected: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user
> "schema_owner_name".
>
> Could anyone tell me what might cause the problem please?

password isn't specified for user, and indent rule doesn't apply to
his origin (host it is logging from) . Check hba conf

--
GJ

Check your pg_hba.conf file. What does it look like? The message suggests that your job is trying to connect to the
databaseas the user "schema_owner_name" (or whatever the real user name is), but is actually running as a different
unixuser. Also, did anyone change the unix user running this particular data population job?

----
John L. Cheng

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 7:36 AM, Emi Lu <emilu@encs.concordia.ca> wrote:
> Good morning,
>
> My daily data population cronjob(around 1 hour) terminated at the middle and
> raised the following error this morning:
>
> Connection rejected: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user
> "schema_owner_name".
>
> Could anyone tell me what might cause the problem please?

This does not seem logical.  ident authentication doesn't just
suddenly get turned on by accident.  Are you sure these two things are
related?

>> My daily data population cronjob(around 1 hour) terminated at the middle and
>> raised the following error this morning:
>>
>> Connection rejected: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user
>> "schema_owner_name".
>> Could anyone tell me what might cause the problem please?

> This does not seem logical.  ident authentication doesn't just
> suddenly get turned on by accident.  Are you sure these two things are
> related?

The problem still did not resolve:( It happened again this morning.

No changes for the script and postgresql configuration. But when I
re-run the script, it succeeded.

The "Ident authentication" failure happened when "pg_dump" data to one
directory.

If it is not because of pg configuration, what other possible reasons
could cause this exception message???

--
Lu Ying

On 28/04/2009 15:52, Emi Lu wrote:
> The problem still did not resolve:( It happened again this morning.
>
> No changes for the script and postgresql configuration. But when I
> re-run the script, it succeeded.

Is there something interrupting network connectivity?

Ray.

rod@iol.ie