Re: What may cause - Connection rejected: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Emi Lu
Subject Re: What may cause - Connection rejected: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user?
Date
List pgsql-general
>> My daily data population cronjob(around 1 hour) terminated at the middle and
>> raised the following error this morning:
>>
>> Connection rejected: FATAL: Ident authentication failed for user
>> "schema_owner_name".
>> Could anyone tell me what might cause the problem please?

> This does not seem logical.  ident authentication doesn't just
> suddenly get turned on by accident.  Are you sure these two things are
> related?

The problem still did not resolve:( It happened again this morning.

No changes for the script and postgresql configuration. But when I
re-run the script, it succeeded.

The "Ident authentication" failure happened when "pg_dump" data to one
directory.

If it is not because of pg configuration, what other possible reasons
could cause this exception message???

--
Lu Ying