Event ID:         32

Date:               1/6/2009

Time:                5:30:42 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:       BOB

Dependent Assembly Microsoft.VC80.CRT could not be found and Last Error was The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Event Type:     Error

Event Source:  SideBySide

Event Category:          None

Event ID:         59

Date:               1/7/2009

Time:                12:25:27 PM

User:                N/A

Computer:       BOB

Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please suggest,

Thanks,

Shahbaz

Re: Running exe problem

From
Ashesh Vashi
Date:
How did you install PostgreSQL on your system?
Microsoft Visual Studio redistribution binaries are missing on your system.

Download it from the following link and install it.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-984d-389c36f85647&displaylang=en

After installing it, postgresql should run properly.
Ashesh Vashi
(Software Engineer)

EnterpriseDB INDIA: http://www.enterprisedb.com

Shahbaz A. Tyagi wrote:

Hi,

While trying to run “pg_ctl.exe” with valid parameters, using command prompt in windows XP sp2 machine, it’s not getting executed.

In event viewer we are getting following events,

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Event Type:     Error

Event Source:  SideBySide

Event Category:          None

Event ID:         32

Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please suggest,

Thanks,

Shahbaz

Re: Running exe problem

From
"Grzegorz Jaśkiewicz"
Date:
On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 9:15 AM, Shahbaz A. Tyagi
<shahbaz.tyagi@sphere.ae> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> While trying to run "pg_ctl.exe" with valid parameters, using command prompt
> in windows XP sp2 machine, it's not getting executed.

llllol

--
GJ

Re: Running exe problem

From
"Shahbaz A. Tyagi"

We have not installed the Postgre but we are trying to use the binaries directly.

Thanks,

Shahbaz

Resolve Partial Assembly failed for Microsoft.VC80.CRT. Reference error message: The referenced assembly is not installed on your system.

.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Please suggest,

Thanks,

Shahbaz

Re: Running exe problem

From
"Shahbaz A. Tyagi"
Date:
Yeah, thanks guys, we were able to run it in one machine but not in our main
server, hence the confusion came. Than we installed other version of
runtimes but now we installed the correct one as suggested, hence worked.

Thanks,

Shahbaz A. Tyagi
Sphere Networks