Re: Running exe problem - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Shahbaz A. Tyagi
Subject Re: Running exe problem
Date
List pgsql-general
Yeah, thanks guys, we were able to run it in one machine but not in our main
server, hence the confusion came. Than we installed other version of
runtimes but now we installed the correct one as suggested, hence worked.

Thanks,

Shahbaz A. Tyagi
Sphere Networks

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Page [mailto:dpage@pgadmin.org]
Sent: Wednesday, January 07, 2009 1:51 PM
To: Shahbaz A. Tyagi
Cc: Ashesh Vashi; pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Running exe problem

On Wed, Jan 7, 2009 at 9:40 AM, Shahbaz A. Tyagi
<shahbaz.tyagi@sphere.ae> wrote:
> We have not installed the Postgre but we are trying to use the binaries
> directly.

Did you read the README?

postgresql-8.3.5-1-binaries-no-installer.zip is a zip of the PostgreSQL
installation directory. It does not include any of the bundled apps or
drivers and is intended for expert users only! This bundle requires the
Microsoft Visual C++ 8.0 runtimes to be installed on your system. A
seperate installer can be downloaded from:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=200b2fd9-ae1a-4a14-
984d-389c36f85647&DisplayLang=en

--
Dave Page