chinese parser for text search !

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
Hi there,

there is a chinese parser for tsearch2 available from
http://code.google.com/p/nlpbamboo/wiki/TSearch2 under BSD license.

It'd be nice to have it for chinese text search configuration we are currently
completely missing, as well as for japanese language ( any guess ?)

Unfortunately, we unable to verify this parser, so I'm asking about help.
We need usual extensive testing (memory leaking, portability, etc),
regression test and patch for documentation.

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Re: chinese parser for text search !

From
Daniel Chiaramello
Date:
Hello Oleg and others.

I also found that reference, but failed to find the corresponding
Chinese dictionary it mentions.
And when I tried to compile nlpbamboo, it fails.

Has one of you tried (and succeeded) to use Tsearch for Chinese?

Thanks for your attention,
Daniel

Oleg Bartunov a écrit :
> Hi there,
>
> there is a chinese parser for tsearch2 available from
> http://code.google.com/p/nlpbamboo/wiki/TSearch2 under BSD license.
>
> It'd be nice to have it for chinese text search configuration we are
> currently
> completely missing, as well as for japanese language ( any guess ?)
>
> Unfortunately, we unable to verify this parser, so I'm asking about help.
> We need usual extensive testing (memory leaking, portability, etc),
> regression test and patch for documentation.
>
>     Regards,
>         Oleg
> Oleg Bartunov, Research Scientist, Head of AstroNet (www.astronet.ru),
> Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University, Russia
> Internet: oleg@sai.msu.su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
> phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

Re: chinese parser for text search !

From
Oleg Bartunov
Date:
Daniel,

I was able to compile bamboo just following instructions.
The only problem was related to cmake version, I had to install latest
version of cmake 2.6-patch 2.

I used postgresql from CVS HEAD.

Then I compiled and installed exts/postgres/chinese_parser, but when
installing it into database  I got error:
SET
Timing is on.
SET
Time: 1,878 ms
ERROR:  can not load bamboo
ERROR:  can not load bamboo
ERROR:  can not load bamboo
ERROR:  can not load bamboo
ERROR:  function chineseprs_start(internal, integer) does not exist
ERROR:  text search parser "chineseparser" does not exist
ERROR:  could not open stop-word file "/usr/local/pgsql-head/share/tsearch_data/chinese_utf8.stop":

Oleg