Re: chinese parser for text search ! - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: chinese parser for text search !
Date
List pgsql-general
Daniel,

I was able to compile bamboo just following instructions.
The only problem was related to cmake version, I had to install latest
version of cmake 2.6-patch 2.

I used postgresql from CVS HEAD.

Then I compiled and installed exts/postgres/chinese_parser, but when
installing it into database  I got error:
SET
Timing is on.
SET
Time: 1,878 ms
ERROR:  can not load bamboo
ERROR:  can not load bamboo
ERROR:  can not load bamboo
ERROR:  can not load bamboo
ERROR:  function chineseprs_start(internal, integer) does not exist
ERROR:  text search parser "chineseparser" does not exist
ERROR:  could not open stop-word file "/usr/local/pgsql-head/share/tsearch_data/chinese_utf8.stop":

Oleg
On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Daniel Chiaramello wrote:

> Hello Oleg and others.
>
> I also found that reference, but failed to find the corresponding Chinese
> dictionary it mentions.
> And when I tried to compile nlpbamboo, it fails.
>
> Has one of you tried (and succeeded) to use Tsearch for Chinese?
>
> Thanks for your attention,
> Daniel
>
> Oleg Bartunov a ?crit :
>> Hi there,
>>
>> there is a chinese parser for tsearch2 available from
>> http://code.google.com/p/nlpbamboo/wiki/TSearch2 under BSD license.
>>
>> It'd be nice to have it for chinese text search configuration we are
>> currently
>> completely missing, as well as for japanese language ( any guess ?)
>>
>> Unfortunately, we unable to verify this parser, so I'm asking about help.
>> We need usual extensive testing (memory leaking, portability, etc),
>> regression test and patch for documentation.
>>
>>     Regards,
>>         Oleg
>> Oleg Bartunov, Research Scientist, Head of AstroNet (www.astronet.ru),
>> Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow University, Russia
>> Internet: oleg@sai.msu.su, http://www.sai.msu.su/~megera/
>> phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83

     Regards,
         Oleg
phone: +007(495)939-16-83, +007(495)939-23-83