DbLink Compilation on Solaris 10

From
lighthouse.software@gmail.com
Date:
After successfully building dblink on solaris 10 using Sun C 5.9
SunOS_sparc 2007/05/03 and gmake.

I ran gmake installcheck and got the following output:

============== running regression test queries        ==============
test dblink               ... FAILED

======================
 1 of 1 tests failed.
======================

The differences that caused some tests to fail can be viewed in the
file "./regression.diffs".  A copy of the test summary that you see
above is saved in the file "./regression.out".

First error in regression.diffs

+ psql:dblink.sql:11: ERROR:  could not load library "/apps/postgresql/
lib/dblink.so": ld.so.1: postgre
s: fatal: relocation error: file /apps/postgresql/lib/dblink.so:
symbol PG_GETARG_TEXT_PP: referenced symbol not found

I am running postgresql version 8.2.4 with the latest dblink source.

Has anyone got any idea what I need to do to solve this problem.
Thanks.

Re: DbLink Compilation on Solaris 10

> + psql:dblink.sql:11: ERROR:  could not load library "/apps/postgresql/
> lib/dblink.so": ld.so.1: postgre
> s: fatal: relocation error: file /apps/postgresql/lib/dblink.so:
> symbol PG_GETARG_TEXT_PP: referenced symbol not found

> I am running postgresql version 8.2.4 with the latest dblink source.

Try using the 8.2 dblink sources, instead.  You seem to be trying to
use 8.3 dblink code in an 8.2 installation, and it won't work.

            regards, tom lane

Date: