Pg dump Error

From
tuanhoanganh
Date:
I have a problem with pg_dump on 2 computers. On the first computer, pg_dump runs very well, but on the second pg_dump has a error :
pg_dump: reading triggers for table "ph57"
pg_dump: reading triggers for table "phts"
pg_dump: reading dependency data
pg_dump: SQL command failed
pg_dump: Error message from server: message contents do not agree with length in message type "D"
message contents do not agree with length in message type "c"
server sent data ("D" message) without prior row description ("T" message)
pg_dump: The command was: SELECT classid, objid, refclassid, refobjid, deptype FROM pg_depend WHERE deptype != 'p' ORDER BY 1,2
pg_dump: *** aborted because of error

Please help me. Thank you very much.
Sorry for my English
TuanHa

Re: Pg dump Error

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
tuanhoanganh escribió:
> I have a problem with pg_dump on 2 computers. On the first computer, pg_dump
> runs very well, but on the second pg_dump has a error :
> pg_dump: reading triggers for table "ph57"
> pg_dump: reading triggers for table "phts"
> pg_dump: reading dependency data
> pg_dump: SQL command failed
> pg_dump: Error message from server: message contents do not agree with
> length in message type "D"
> message contents do not agree with length in message type "c"
> server sent data ("D" message) without prior row description ("T" message)
> pg_dump: The command was: SELECT classid, objid, refclassid, refobjid,
> deptype FROM pg_depend WHERE deptype != 'p' ORDER BY 1,2
> pg_dump: *** aborted because of error

What Postgres version is the server, what's the pg_dump version on each
of these computers, and how are you invoking pg_dump?

Re: Pg dump Error

From
tuanhoanganh
Date:
On error computer i dump 2 databases. The first dump well but the second dump fail.
My Postgres server & client version are 8.3.3-1
I call it by command
"D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_dump.exe" -h192.168.0.1 -U postgres -W -p 5433 -Fp -C -fsys.out sys --> OK
"D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_dump.exe" -h192.168.0.1 -Upostgres -W -p5433 -Fp -C -fmyacc.out myacc  --> have error

I test with dump on PgAdmin. It have error too.
Please help me.
Thank you.
Sorry for my english.

--
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/

Re: Pg dump Error

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
tuanhoanganh escribió:
> On error computer i dump 2 databases. The first dump well but the second
> dump fail.
> My Postgres server & client version are 8.3.3-1
> I call it by command
> "D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_dump.exe" -h192.168.0.1 -U postgres
> -W -p 5433 -Fp -C -fsys.out sys --> OK
> "D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_dump.exe" -h192.168.0.1 -Upostgres
> -W -p5433 -Fp -C -fmyacc.out myacc  --> have error
>
> I test with dump on PgAdmin. It have error too.

Please read this:

http://faq.vuze.com/?EntryID=128&View=entry