Re: Pg dump Error - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tuanhoanganh
Subject Re: Pg dump Error
Date
List pgsql-general
On error computer i dump 2 databases. The first dump well but the second dump fail.
My Postgres server & client version are 8.3.3-1
I call it by command
"D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_dump.exe" -h192.168.0.1 -U postgres -W -p 5433 -Fp -C -fsys.out sys --> OK
"D:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.3\bin\pg_dump.exe" -h192.168.0.1 -Upostgres -W -p5433 -Fp -C -fmyacc.out myacc  --> have error

I test with dump on PgAdmin. It have error too.
Please help me.
Thank you.
Sorry for my english.
On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 2:40 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@commandprompt.com> wrote:
tuanhoanganh escribió:
> I have a problem with pg_dump on 2 computers. On the first computer, pg_dump
> runs very well, but on the second pg_dump has a error :
> pg_dump: reading triggers for table "ph57"
> pg_dump: reading triggers for table "phts"
> pg_dump: reading dependency data
> pg_dump: SQL command failed
> pg_dump: Error message from server: message contents do not agree with
> length in message type "D"
> message contents do not agree with length in message type "c"
> server sent data ("D" message) without prior row description ("T" message)
> pg_dump: The command was: SELECT classid, objid, refclassid, refobjid,
> deptype FROM pg_depend WHERE deptype != 'p' ORDER BY 1,2
> pg_dump: *** aborted because of error

What Postgres version is the server, what's the pg_dump version on each
of these computers, and how are you invoking pg_dump?

--
Alvaro Herrera                                http://www.CommandPrompt.com/