PostgreSQL and SVN - help me...

From
"Rodrigo Faccioli"
Date:
Dear all,

I want to know if is possible I install SVN (subversion control version) on postgresql. if is possible, is my idea the best?

I need to discover links (site) where I can find good pratice information about svn. Because I found a big volume of information about svn and I can't discover what are the best.

Thanks for any help.

Re: PostgreSQL and SVN - help me...

From
"Dann Corbit"

PostgreSQL uses CVS.

From: pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org [mailto:pgsql-general-owner@postgresql.org] On Behalf Of Rodrigo Faccioli
Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 1:31 PM
To: pgsql-general@postgresql.org
Subject: [GENERAL] PostgreSQL and SVN - help me...

Dear all,

I want to know if is possible I install SVN (subversion control version) on postgresql. if is possible, is my idea the best?

I need to discover links (site) where I can find good pratice information about svn. Because I found a big volume of information about svn and I can't discover what are the best.

Thanks for any help.

Re: PostgreSQL and SVN - help me...

From
Raymond O'Donnell
Date:
On 13/08/2008 21:30, Rodrigo Faccioli wrote:

> I want to know if is possible I install SVN (subversion control version)
> on postgresql. if is possible, is my idea the best?

I'm not sure what you mean....

If you want to use PostgreSQL as a back-end for Subversion, I don't
think you can - SVN uses BerkelyDB, IIRC.

If you're talking about accessing the source code repository for PG, it
uses CVS, and the details are on the website. Of course, there's nothing
to stop you setting up your own private SVN repository for the PG code
if you *really* want to.... :-)

Ray.

rod@iol.ie

Re: PostgreSQL and SVN - help me...

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
Rodrigo Faccioli wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I want to know if is possible I install SVN (subversion control version) on
> postgresql. if is possible, is my idea the best?

I'm assuming you're trying to say that you want to host the backend
storage for a svn repository in PostgreSQL.

If so ... why? What do you gain over the well-tested and stable storage
methods like fsfs ?

If that's not what you meant, then perhaps you should try to explain in
a little more detail.

--
Craig Ringer