tsearch2 problem

From
"Corin Schedler"
Date:
Hi all,

I'm having some trouble installing tsearch2 in to my database. I'm running 8.1.11 on CentOS 5.

I'm getting the following output after trying 'psql db < tsearch2.sql'.

SET
BEGIN
NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit index "pg_ts_dict_pkey" for table "pg_ts_dict"
CREATE TABLE
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/lib/pgsql/tsearch2.so": /usr/lib/pgsql/tsearch2.so: undefined symbol: qsort_arg
ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block

It repeats that last error for the duration of the file then rolls back.

Any ideas? Normally I would just update to 8.3.x, but that's unfortunately not an option on this box.

Thanks,
corin

Re: tsearch2 problem

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
Corin Schedler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm having some trouble installing tsearch2 in to my database. I'm
> running 8.1.11 on CentOS 5.

Where did the packages come from? Where they part of CentOS / RHEL, or
are they obtained from somewhere else?

Is there any chance your contrib package does not match the core
PostgreSQL version or is from a different source?

--
Craig Ringer

Re: tsearch2 problem

Date:
Craig Ringer <craig@postnewspapers.com.au> writes:
> Is there any chance your contrib package does not match the core
> PostgreSQL version or is from a different source?

qsort_arg was added in 8.2, so it seems certain he's trying to load an
8.2 tsearch2 into his 8.1 engine.

            regards, tom lane