pl/java on Solaris

From
"Roberts, Jon"
Date:
I am migrating an 8.3 database from Windows to Solaris.  We are using
pl/java and I went through the installation process for this on Windows.

I'm building Solaris from the source and when running ./configure, I
don't see a switch to include pl/java.  Java is in my path too so it
should allow me to install it (if it follows the same pattern as
Windows).

I don't see a pljava file in my share directory like I do on Windows.
Is pl/java not included when compiling from source?

Jon

Re: pl/java on Solaris

From
"Richard Broersma"
Date:
On Thu, Apr 10, 2008 at 5:31 AM, Roberts, Jon <Jon.Roberts@asurion.com> wrote:
> I am migrating an 8.3 database from Windows to Solaris.  We are using
> pl/java and I went through the installation process for this on Windows.
>
> I'm building Solaris from the source and when running ./configure, I
> don't see a switch to include pl/java.  Java is in my path too so it
> should allow me to install it (if it follows the same pattern as
> Windows).
>
> I don't see a pljava file in my share directory like I do on Windows.
> Is pl/java not included when compiling from source?

here is the user doc from cvs.  I might help.

http://cvs.pgfoundry.org/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/pljava/org.postgresql.pljava/docs/userguide.html?rev=1.15&content-type=text/plain

Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: pl/java on Solaris

From
Zdenek Kotala
Date:
Roberts, Jon napsal(a):

> I don't see a pljava file in my share directory like I do on Windows.
> Is pl/java not included when compiling from source?

pl/java is not part of core like pl/pgPerl... You need to download it separately
from http://pgfoundry.org/projects/pljava/

        Zdenek

Re: pl/java on Solaris

From
Volkan YAZICI
Date:
On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, "Roberts, Jon" <Jon.Roberts@asurion.com> writes:
> I am migrating an 8.3 database from Windows to Solaris.  We are using
> pl/java and I went through the installation process for this on Windows.
>
> I'm building Solaris from the source and when running ./configure, I
> don't see a switch to include pl/java.  Java is in my path too so it
> should allow me to install it (if it follows the same pattern as
> Windows).
>
> I don't see a pljava file in my share directory like I do on Windows.
> Is pl/java not included when compiling from source?

PL/java[1] is a separate PL project, not builtin to PostgreSQL. I don't
know about official Windows installation binaries, they would be
bringing it by default.

[1] http://pljava.projects.postgresql.org/

Regards.

Re: pl/java on Solaris

Date:
Volkan YAZICI <yazicivo@ttmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, "Roberts, Jon" <Jon.Roberts@asurion.com> writes:
>> I don't see a pljava file in my share directory like I do on Windows.
>> Is pl/java not included when compiling from source?

> PL/java[1] is a separate PL project, not builtin to PostgreSQL.

The Windows installer actually aggregates quite a few projects besides
core PG.  If you want to build from source you'll need to collect a
number of tarballs, depending on what features you were using.  The
installer documentation can probably tell you where they all came from.

            regards, tom lane