8.3, a few questions

From
Enrico Sirola
Date:
Dear all,
I'd like to use the upcoming release 8.3 for my next project. When is it
expected to be finalized? My deadline is 2nd quarter 2008, do you think
there is a chance for me to use it?

A second question (more technical). Is it possible to put an index on an
xpath expression of an XML type?
Thanks a lot for your help,
e.

Re: 8.3, a few questions

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 04:41:35PM +0100, Enrico Sirola wrote:
> Dear all,
> I'd like to use the upcoming release 8.3 for my next project. When is it
> expected to be finalized? My deadline is 2nd quarter 2008, do you think
> there is a chance for me to use it?

Most likely. While there is no promised target, I would expect the final
version to be out pretty soon.

> A second question (more technical). Is it possible to put an index on an
> xpath expression of an XML type?
> Thanks a lot for your help,

You can use an expressional index for that. It doesn't do arbitrary xpath,
but if you query by the same xpath expression, it should work fine.

//Magnus