Re: 8.3, a few questions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: 8.3, a few questions
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 03, 2007 at 04:41:35PM +0100, Enrico Sirola wrote:
> Dear all,
> I'd like to use the upcoming release 8.3 for my next project. When is it
> expected to be finalized? My deadline is 2nd quarter 2008, do you think
> there is a chance for me to use it?

Most likely. While there is no promised target, I would expect the final
version to be out pretty soon.

> A second question (more technical). Is it possible to put an index on an
> xpath expression of an XML type?
> Thanks a lot for your help,

You can use an expressional index for that. It doesn't do arbitrary xpath,
but if you query by the same xpath expression, it should work fine.

//Magnus