SSL Connectivity on Solaris 10 x86

From
"Dot Yet"
Date:
Hello Everyone,

I have configured SSL for my postgreSQL setup. The environment is

PostgreSQL 8.2.5 (64-bit) built using Sun tools with ssl flag
OpenSSL 0.9.8d 28 Sep 2006
OpenSolaris 5.11 snv_73

I have configured the server key and certificate file using openssl. The connection between a remote client and the server works fine. I can see the following message at the client side....

SSL connection (cipher: DHE-RSA-AES256-SHA, bits: 256)

The problem part now...

I am seeing this "Connection reset by peer" message in the postmaster.log file, but the connection between the client and server does get established and works fine too...

Secondly, How do i enable SSL authentication between client and server. I think right now it's just communication at the SSL layer.

LOG:  could not load root certificate file "root.crt": No such file or directory
DETAIL:  Will not verify client certificates.
LOG:  database system was shut down at 2007-10-28 01:24:52 EDT
LOG:  checkpoint record is at 0/61799D90
LOG:  redo record is at 0/61799D90; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown TRUE
LOG:  next transaction ID: 0/1183; next OID: 32774
LOG:  next MultiXactId: 1; next MultiXactOffset: 0
LOG:  database system is ready

LOG:  could not receive data from client: Connection reset by peer

The document talks about creating root certificate file and signing the client certificates with it, but somehow I am a bit confused about it.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
dotyet

Re: SSL Connectivity on Solaris 10 x86

Date:
"Dot Yet" <dot.yet@gmail.com> writes:
> I am seeing this "Connection reset by peer" message in the
> postmaster.logfile, but the connection between the client and server
> does get established
> and works fine too...

What pg_hba.conf setup are you using?  I'm thinking that this might be
expected behavior if it's password-based, because psql drops the
connection before prompting the user for a password when the server
tells it a password is needed.

            regards, tom lane

Re: SSL Connectivity on Solaris 10 x86

From
"Dot Yet"
Date:
I am using md5. OK. thanks for the clue... Now, for the root certificate.... anyone? :)

regards,
dotyet