Server crash on postgresql 8.2.4 with tsearch2

From
Philippe Amelant
Date:
Hi,
I'm tryng to upgrade a 8.1.3 server to 8.2.4 and I have a problem with
tsearch.

I use french snowball package to compile a stemming lib -> dict_fr.so

Now if I do a query like this
 select to_tsvector('default', '... something with more than 200
chars');

-> result ok

but
 select to_tsvector('fr_FR', '... something with more than 200 chars');

-> server crash

Does anyone faced this bug ?
Is there a fix ?

Thank you for help

Re: Server crash on postgresql 8.2.4 with tsearch2

Date:
Philippe Amelant <pamelant@companeo.com> writes:
> I'm tryng to upgrade a 8.1.3 server to 8.2.4 and I have a problem with
> tsearch.

> I use french snowball package to compile a stemming lib -> dict_fr.so

Are you sure you used the same snowball version that tsearch2 uses?
The snowball people have made incompatible changes from time to time ...

            regards, tom lane

Date:
Le lundi 30 avril 2007 à 11:51 -0400, Tom Lane a écrit :
> Philippe Amelant <pamelant@companeo.com> writes:
> > I'm tryng to upgrade a 8.1.3 server to 8.2.4 and I have a problem with
> > tsearch.
>
> > I use french snowball package to compile a stemming lib -> dict_fr.so
>
> Are you sure you used the same snowball version that tsearch2 uses?
> The snowball people have made incompatible changes from time to time ...

I use the lastest french package from
http://www.snowball.tartarus.org/

I have no error at compile time. there was lots of errors on 8.2.3 so I
suppose tsearch was updated on 8.2.4 (and it's in the changelog for
8.2.4 maybee it's related ?).

thanks

Re: Server crash on postgresql 8.2.4 with tsearch2

From
Philippe Amelant
Date:
I'm testing with another snowball stemmer (dutch) and I have the same
problem. Backen crash with more than 200 characters in
 select to_tsvector(....
again default stemmer (english) work well
Are tsearch2 from postgresql 8.2.4 compatible with last stemmer from
http://www.snowball.tartarus.org
??
else what can I use ?

Thanks

Le lundi 30 avril 2007 à 18:06 +0200, Philippe Amelant a écrit :
> Le lundi 30 avril 2007 à 11:51 -0400, Tom Lane a écrit :
> > Philippe Amelant <pamelant@companeo.com> writes:
> > > I'm tryng to upgrade a 8.1.3 server to 8.2.4 and I have a problem with
> > > tsearch.
> >
> > > I use french snowball package to compile a stemming lib -> dict_fr.so
> >
> > Are you sure you used the same snowball version that tsearch2 uses?
> > The snowball people have made incompatible changes from time to time ...
> >

> I use the lastest french package from
> http://www.snowball.tartarus.org/
>
> I have no error at compile time. there was lots of errors on 8.2.3 so I
> suppose tsearch was updated on 8.2.4 (and it's in the changelog for
> 8.2.4 maybee it's related ?).
>
> thanks

RE : [GENERAL] Server crash on postgresql 8.2.4 with tsearch2

From
"Philippe Amelant"
Date:
Hello,
Sorry for the delay for response, I was sick and out of office.
Today I applied your patch to pg 8.2.4 then recompiled postgresql and stemmer.
I Uninstalled old version and installed new patched version. I have still the same problem.
I will retry in case I missed something.

Thank for you help