Anyone know where I can get an 8.2.3 binary for ubuntu?

From
Ron
Date:
Subject says it all.  Doing a source compile under Debian or
Debian-like condition is not an option for the end user.  They need
an apt-get (the ubuntu equivalent to rpm AFAICT) version.

Unfortunately, the latest I can find is 8.1.8
Where's 8.2.3?

Help?
Ron

Re: Anyone know where I can get an 8.2.3 binary for ubuntu?

From
"Mikko Partio"
Date:
> Subject says it all.  Doing a source compile under Debian or
> Debian-like condition is not an option for the end user.  They need
> an apt-get (the ubuntu equivalent to rpm AFAICT) version.
>
> Unfortunately, the latest I can find is 8.1.8
> Where's 8.2.3?

What ubuntu version do you have? I believe that 8.2.3 is at the
repositories for edgy and feisty. Or download the .debs from
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/postgresql-8.2

Regards

MP

Re: Anyone know where I can get an 8.2.3 binary for ubuntu?

From
Hannes Dorbath
Date:
> Doing a source compile under Debian or Debian-like condition is not an option for the end user.

Oh, it is not? Is that because of the outdated tool chain Debian ships
with or the user being uncomfortable in typing 3 commands at a shell prompt?

> Unfortunately, the latest I can find is 8.1.8

Well, I think you distributions website has "an apt-get":

http://packages.debian.org/experimental/misc/postgresql-8.2

Besides that Google returns a ton more:

http://rpmseek.com/rpm-pl/postgresql-8.2.html?hl=de&cx=824:P:0

--
Best regards,
Hannes Dorbath

Re: Anyone know where I can get an 8.2.3 binary for ubuntu?

From
Alexander Staubo
Date: