Re: Anyone know where I can get an 8.2.3 binary for ubuntu? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alexander Staubo
Subject Re: Anyone know where I can get an 8.2.3 binary for ubuntu?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mar 31, 2007, at 12:19, Ron wrote:

Subject says it all.  Doing a source compile under Debian or Debian-
like condition is not an option for the end user.  They need an apt-
get (the ubuntu equivalent to rpm AFAICT) version.

Ubuntu has 8.2.3 in the upcoming Feisty distribution; in the
meantime, you can install it on Edgy from the edgy-backports tree:

http://packages.ubuntu.com/cgi-bin//search_packages.pl?
version=all&subword=1&exact=&arch=any&releases=all&case=insensitive&keyw
ords=postgresql-8.2&searchon=names

This requires adding a source line to /etc/apt/sources.list that
references this repository. This should suffice:

deb http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy-backports main
restricted universe
deb-src http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ edgy-backports main
restricted universe

(You might want to substitute your country code for "gb" in the URLs.)

Alexander.