How to restore a dumbed file in postgreSQL

From
Yesh

  I am a newbie to postgreSQL. I need to know the command for restoring a
database that has been dumped. I am using postgreSQL8.1 version &  am
running in windows environment.

Re: How to restore a dumbed file in postgreSQL

From
Richard Broersma Jr
Date:
>   I am a newbie to postgreSQL. I need to know the command for restoring a
> database that has been dumped. I am using postgreSQL8.1 version &  am
> running in windows environment.

See.
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/backup-dump.html#BACKUP-DUMP-RESTORE

Also,
you will find a wealth of other useful information to help you migrate from newbie to intermediate
to advanced.

Only, I am still somewhere between newbie and intermediate. ;)

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: How to restore a dumbed file in postgreSQL

From
"Raymond O'Donnell"
Date:
On 23 Nov 2006 at 20:13, Yesh wrote:

>   I am a newbie to postgreSQL. I need to know the command for
> restoring a database that has been dumped. I am using postgreSQL8.1

If you dumped using the text format, simply use the resulting
dumpfile as input to psql, something like this -

psql -f <dumpfile>

- along with whatever other options are needed - see the online docs
for psql. If you used one of the binary options, you'll need to use
pg_restore - again, see the docs.

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell
Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Galway, Ireland
rod@iol.ie

Re: How to restore a dumbed file in postgreSQL

From
Yesh
Date:
Thanks for ur help guys.