Re: How to restore a dumbed file in postgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Raymond O'Donnell
Subject Re: How to restore a dumbed file in postgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On 23 Nov 2006 at 20:13, Yesh wrote:

>   I am a newbie to postgreSQL. I need to know the command for
> restoring a database that has been dumped. I am using postgreSQL8.1

If you dumped using the text format, simply use the resulting
dumpfile as input to psql, something like this -

psql -f <dumpfile>

- along with whatever other options are needed - see the online docs
for psql. If you used one of the binary options, you'll need to use
pg_restore - again, see the docs.

--Ray.

Raymond O'Donnell
Director of Music, Galway Cathedral, Galway, Ireland
rod@iol.ie