Fw: ecpg error --> DbPg_cre_sect_buf.pgc:1334: ERROR: syntax error at or near "RELEASE"

From
jason.ctr.alburger@faa.gov

>    I think you should omit the word "RELEASE" after the
> "ROLLBACK".

Will this still result in the closed DB connection that the "ROLLBACK
RELEASE" used to give me?

Jason Alburger
HID/NAS/LAN Engineer
L3/ATO-E En Route Peripheral Systems Support
609-485-7225
----- Forwarded by Jason CTR Alburger/ACT/CNTR/FAA on 02/22/2006 10:20 AM
-----

             Ludwig Isaac Lim
             <ludz_lim@yahoo.c
                                       Jason CTR Alburger/ACT/CNTR/FAA@FAA
             02/22/2006 10:15                                           cc
             AM
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [GENERAL] ecpg error -->
                                       DbPg_cre_sect_buf.pgc:1334: ERROR:
                                       syntax error at or near "RELEASE"

Hi:

   I think you should omit the word "RELEASE" after the
"ROLLBACK".

Ludwig Lim

--- jason.ctr.alburger@faa.gov wrote:

> I'm relatively new to database programming & I've
> inherited a system to
> maintain that contains lots of embedded SQL.  I'm
> attempting to port my C
> source code from RH 7.2 (with ecpg 2.8.0) to Mandrake
> 10.0 (with ecpg
> 4.1.1).   ecpg 4.1.1 is generating an error which I did
> not get on the
> RH7.2 system with ecpg 2.8.0....It's telling me I have a
> syntax error with
> a "ROLLBACK RELEASE" (DbPg_cre_sect_buf.pgc:1334: ERROR:
> syntax error at or
> near "RELEASE").  Here's a snippet of the code in
> error...
> .
> .
> .

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Fw: ecpg error --> DbPg_cre_sect_buf.pgc:1334: ERROR:

From
Douglas McNaught
Date:
jason.ctr.alburger@faa.gov writes:

>>    I think you should omit the word "RELEASE" after the
>> "ROLLBACK".
>
> Will this still result in the closed DB connection that the "ROLLBACK
> RELEASE" used to give me?

I don't know--you should check the current docs for ECPG (I don't use
it).

-Doug

Re: Fw: ecpg error --> DbPg_cre_sect_buf.pgc:1334: ERROR:

Date:
jason.ctr.alburger@faa.gov wrote:

> >    I think you should omit the word "RELEASE" after the
> > "ROLLBACK".
>
> Will this still result in the closed DB connection that the "ROLLBACK
> RELEASE" used to give me?

No, it will not.  I see way to do that anymore using a single statement.

--
  Bruce Momjian   http://candle.pha.pa.us
  SRA OSS, Inc.   http://www.sraoss.com

[Catching up on my old email, well at least sort of. Sorry for the
delay.]

On Wed, Feb 22, 2006 at 10:22:39AM -0500, jason.ctr.alburger@faa.gov wrote:
> Will this still result in the closed DB connection that the "ROLLBACK
> RELEASE" used to give me?

ECPG just sends the queries to the backend the way you write them. It
does some parsing so you can be noticed if there are syntax errors. It
also does some translations to get the C variables into the SQL code and
vica versa, but all other statement with the exception of
prepare/execute are transferred as-is. Or at least that should be the
case. :-)

So to see if ROLLBACK has the behaviour you need you have to check the
backend documentation.

Michael

--
Michael Meskes