7.4.5 vs 8.0 on Debian/sparc

From
Michelle Konzack
Date:
Hello,

I have 3 identicaly Sun/Sparc SMP machines which are working fine
with Debian GNU/Linux architecture SPARC.

On the first I have Woody 3.0 with PostgreSQL 7.4.5 which is working
perfectly.  The whole Database is around 160 GByte where the main
table is around 90 GByte.

Now I have installed on the second Sarge 3.1 with PostgreSQL 8.0
(coming from Etch 4.0) and dumped the whole 7.4.5 into 8.0.

Now if I chante my php5 scripts on my Webserver to point to the 8.0
PostgreSQL I get only connect errors.

Please note, that I use "hostssl" only.

What are the changes from 7.4.5 to 8.0

Please note, that I am switching currentlx to a new appartement and
I am Off-Line (No internet connection at home) and can only use my
GSM to send sparely messages

Thanks and Greetings
Michelle

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi

Re: 7.4.5 vs 8.0 on Debian/sparc

Date:
Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> writes:
> Now if I chante my php5 scripts on my Webserver to point to the 8.0
> PostgreSQL I get only connect errors.

What errors exactly?  Without details it's impossible to solve this.

> Please note, that I use "hostssl" only.

You might have forgotten to set up the SSL key files?

            regards, tom lane

Re: 7.4.5 vs 8.0 on Debian/sparc

From
Martin Marques
Date:
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, Tom Lane wrote:

> Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> writes:
>> Please note, that I use "hostssl" only.
>
> You might have forgotten to set up the SSL key files?

I'm having some trouble with a 8.0 on Debian on Intel. My development
SPARC version works OK with SSL connections. Anyway, I changed to local
conexions on the Intel server, but don't know what really happend. Looks
like some problem with the client keys or something like that. I started
having those problems after an openssl upgrade.

--
  18:02:25 up 4 days,  9:57,  5 users,  load average: 1.59, 1.57, 1.62

Re: 7.4.5 vs 8.0 on Debian/sparc

From
Michelle Konzack
Date:
Hi Tom,

Am 2005-12-15 11:29:12, schrieb Tom Lane:
> Michelle Konzack <linux4michelle@freenet.de> writes:
> > Now if I chante my php5 scripts on my Webserver to point to the 8.0
> > PostgreSQL I get only connect errors.
>
> What errors exactly?  Without details it's impossible to solve this.

Some of my queries do not more work.
pgsql told me something about malformated...

But I have changed in my phpscript only the ocation of the pgsql

It must be something with the "SELECT" between php5 and pgsql8.0

> > Please note, that I use "hostssl" only.
>
> You might have forgotten to set up the SSL key files?

No ist is on the right place, and I can connect from
Strasbourg with psql/ssl to my Server in Paris