PG_exception_stack

From
Maik Troemel
Date:
Hello,

When I run:
createlang plpgsql wetter

i get the error:
ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so":
/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so: undefined symbol: PG_exception_stack

I found something in the net:

"I think you've got a version mismatch problem --- specifically, it looks
like you are trying to load an 8.0 plpgsql.so into a pre-8.0 backend.
PG_exception_stack is (just by chance no doubt) the first symbol the
newer code tries to reference that's not in the older backend."

I'm running PostgreSQL 8.0.3 und Suse 9.2.
Can anybody tell me whats wrong.

Thanks a lot!

Greetings
Maik

Re: PG_exception_stack

From
Martijn van Oosterhout
Date:
On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 10:40:46AM +0100, Maik Troemel wrote:
> Hello,
>
> When I run:
> createlang plpgsql wetter
>
> i get the error:
> ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so":
> /usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so: undefined symbol: PG_exception_stack

Looks like your combining two different versions, just like the webpage
says. Make sure you purge all other versions from your system. Maybe
you should look to see if there are more plpgsql.so's or postmaster's
on your system...

Have a nice day,

Re: PG_exception_stack

From
Maik Troemel
Date:
Ok,
there is only one "plpgsql.so" but how can I find out if there is more
than postmaster?
(i'm a newbie in linux concerning administration and things like this)

Greetings

Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:

>On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 10:40:46AM +0100, Maik Troemel wrote:
>

>>Hello,
>>
>>When I run:
>>createlang plpgsql wetter
>>
>>i get the error:
>>ERROR:  could not load library "/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so":
>>/usr/local/pgsql/lib/plpgsql.so: undefined symbol: PG_exception_stack
>>

>Looks like your combining two different versions, just like the webpage
>says. Make sure you purge all other versions from your system. Maybe
>you should look to see if there are more plpgsql.so's or postmaster's
>on your system...
>
>Have a nice day,

Re: PG_exception_stack

From
Martijn van Oosterhout
Date:
On Mon, Dec 05, 2005 at 11:04:11AM +0100, Maik Troemel wrote:
> Ok,
> there is only one "plpgsql.so" but how can I find out if there is more
> than postmaster?
> (i'm a newbie in linux concerning administration and things like this)

Well, it looks like you've compiled the server yourself, right? That
why it's in /usr/local. A quick way to find programs or files is using
"locate" (if you have it installed).

The binaries should be in the same tree, in this case
/usr/local/pgsql/bin/.

If you meant to install from packages you should remove any vestiges
from /usr/local and use only them.

> >Looks like your combining two different versions, just like the webpage
> >says. Make sure you purge all other versions from your system. Maybe
> >you should look to see if there are more plpgsql.so's or postmaster's
> >on your system...

Hope this helps,

Re: PG_exception_stack

From
Maik Troemel
Date:
Ok,

i found only one postmaster and one plpgsql.
I did what you said. I have installed postgresql 8.0.4 and removed all.
Same problem.