regarding isolation amongst threads

From
"Surabhi Ahuja "
Date:
Dear All,

it seems to me that ...isolation is guaranteed only if we are considering different connections in different processes.

if we have multiple threads ...each using diff connection (but same process) ..isolation is not happening.
when context switch between threads happens ..everythings goes for a toss.

Thanks

Regards
Surabhi Ahuja

Re: regarding isolation amongst threads

From
Martijn van Oosterhout
Date:
On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 04:06:57PM +0530, Surabhi Ahuja  wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> it seems to me that ...isolation is guaranteed only if we are considering different connections in different
processes.

> if we have multiple threads ...each using diff connection (but same process) ..isolation is not happening.
> when context switch between threads happens ..everythings goes for a toss.

This does work though, so there must be a misunderstanding somewhere.
However, it's not clear what you mean by "isolation". It is crashing or
something else?

Please also specify version and platform.

Have a nice day,