Re: regarding isolation amongst threads - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Martijn van Oosterhout
Subject Re: regarding isolation amongst threads
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Aug 16, 2005 at 04:06:57PM +0530, Surabhi Ahuja  wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> it seems to me that ...isolation is guaranteed only if we are considering different connections in different
processes.

> if we have multiple threads ...each using diff connection (but same process) ..isolation is not happening.
> when context switch between threads happens ..everythings goes for a toss.

This does work though, so there must be a misunderstanding somewhere.
However, it's not clear what you mean by "isolation". It is crashing or
something else?

Please also specify version and platform.

Have a nice day,

Attachment